Friday, January 27, 2012

Burbing it

Today and yesterday's Hilton's of subverts. Today I mostly followed DuPont & Pacific between Tacoma & Olympia.
I hit:

Lacy
DuPont
Fort Lewis (my route had me going through the army base.... Someone set me right)
Steilacoomb
Lakewood

30 miles

Yester from Burien (suburb of Seattle right by Seatac airport)To Tacoma
Tukwila
Kent
Auburn
Sumner
Payallup
Fife
30 ish miles, it must have been more, I think. I went Along the inter urban trail. I got lost a little,and even when not,went slow with the dread I was lost.
There was maps on the trail that only consisted of the small county like kent, where I was almost off the you are here map, and believe it or not, I had no clue whereKent was and if I was headed correctly.

I also learnt to ask old people and not teenagers. They all only know the freeway route.

I also found out that Einsteins theory of relativity is backwards for cyclists: whatever goes down must go up.
But all in all I did good time today, keeping in mind good is terribly slow. I seem to managed between 10-15 slow miles per hour. The headwind wasn't too bad today. I am waiting for the muscles and routine to kick I and for my speed to increase a little. I rather feel like a slug.

1 comment:

  1. That's actually Newton you are talking about ;-)
    Einstein would be: the faster you go, the longer it takes you :-)

    10-15 miles per hour is impressive and actually a really good speed for such a trip. Usually people don't make more than 10.

    Feeling like a slug is normal, you will get used to it. In the alps this was the hardest part, because 10 hours uphill in walking speed annoys sooner or later ;-)

    ReplyDelete