Monday, January 23, 2012

Sending off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mH5B-x-Olk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The best send off ever!

Sunday was about the best possibles end off I could imagine. Just prior to leaving on my transcontinental cycling trip I fell in love. Thomas & I went to our community bike store Sunday afternoon to see about a siezed disk brake. We ended up having to put in new brake pads on both of the brakes & change one of the brake cables. Why this place isso great, is that that that/let you figure it out on your own. I was working on tweaking the brake pads so that they would be in the right place. Both sets refused to get into proper alignment.The front pair had uneven wear, so we got to replace those. The back ones just wanted to be re-put in. So now I know how to do a pretty fine job in lining up disk brakes tot the roatters. France's was supposed to meet us for lunch, but we were taking too long and she had an early dinner, so she brought us tea.

The highlight of the evening was seeing Craig Cardiff live!he is a musician who I have liked for a long time. He also plays for house parties by request. My sister-inlaw had him come over for a fundraising event for an aids clinic in Africa a that lost its funding. If you don't know his music, you should check it out! I left loving his stuff even more.

1 comment:

  1. Britta you need to add "mechanic" to your profile, fixing disk brakes……… I need professional help just to adjust my callipers.

    ReplyDelete