Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm in Oregon

Yesterday I spent the day in rain cycling through largely clear cut areas. Of course Weychauser (the logging company) informed me that on Feb 2, 2007 winds of up to 120mph swept through the area. Of course the sign was on a clear cut section, very nice equivocation.

Last night I spent camping. I was cycling along and not long after four, I came across a closed RV/camp ground. Inside there was a huge banquet table I managed to set my table up on. I was warm & dry, with only a moderate amount of condensation. My sister-in-law set me up with a whole bunch of warm stuff which has come in handy.

Today was the first day I really wished I had my camera working. According to it, the battery is exhausted. I thought I left the charger at home, but I didn't only it turns out that the charge does not plug directly into the wall like I thought, so I am missing the cord.

Today I cycled through a lot of wetlands, bird sanctuary type land next to the water, large grass lands with Chanel's of water going through it. And then there were forests with moss covering all the lower branches in all of the trees, a few trees had moss and old man's beard as well. Of course there were also clear cut sections, but not as many.

I crossed my section great body of water today, the Columbia river, the first was the Fraser. I also crossed my first state and am in Oregon, though I will spend the night in Washington tomorrow before heading back into Oregon, where I will be inland.

No comments:

Post a Comment