Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pilar

I had myself a grueling couple of days planned. Yesterday and today was to be 60-70 mile days up and down coastal hills all day long, but it was not to be. I broke the bolt that holds my seat on yet again. I was only a mile outside of a town... A small town, Point Arena, with no bike shop. So I tried to hitch hike again, but I was also told in the morning there was a bus. A lady named Pilar picked me up, she was headed home to Gualala. She told me there was a bus in the morning and I was welcome to stay with her, or I could still try to hitch hike. I decided to go for the bus. There isn't a whole lot of traffic driving down the number one, and the likelihood of someone taking me into town was not very high.

Pilar took me home, fed me dinner, put me into my own bedroom with my own bed, gave me a shower, breakfast and put me into the bus. She was awesome!

I missed some very good climbs by taking the bus. I also got a little car sick in the tiny bumpy bus that went curving along more then half of the way.

I got a new seat post, it seems my last one had worm out the grooves that heald and angled the seat, so a new bolt would have snapped too.

I ate lunch in the sun, had a 16 mile ride to tonight's bed and am now in town, outside of Starbucks, writing my blog post. I will walk around and check it out. I am in Petuloma, CA. I will bus not SF tomorrow for the day, and hopefully will have a bed in San Jose.

I am rushing down the coast because Thomas is coming! He will be hanging out just outside of LA in orange for five days, the first of which is his birthday! I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment