Thursday, February 2, 2012

A women's resource centre collective.

Today I got the opportunity to hang out with some really awesome people. They are starting a women's collective and feminisst book store.
Bartley Bears Book Collective

I was their first customer, well sort of. I had to insist upon paying. I had juice, m&m's and sat in the sun playing chess or rather sort of learning how. Meki (I think I have that correct, I'm not quite sure) is starting the place up. When she was younger she suffered physical abuse from men and wanted to set up a safe place, community and a place of new beginnings for Women who have gone through the same. She is altogether lovely and my prayers go to her. They are still trying to set up their shop/ gathering area, they had just bought some chairs that day. Her mission is lovely and she will need encouragement, wisdom and customers to keep her collective the place of her vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment