Friday, March 23, 2012

La Paz, cyclists & sailboats

Fates smiles down on me. I caught a ride into La Paz. I got off, was trying to get my bearings, find Internet when I hear a hey you, I turn see nothing keep riding when another cyclist flags me down. I found another touring group of seven people, they heard I was coming from a couch surfer who I sent a request to. They invited me to come and stay with hem at the English church where they are lodged. I was also talking with Meia, who was trying to find a sailboat to the mainland, and I mentioned I wanted to as well. About 20 minutes later a guy came by who had seen their note on the pier and seen them, but missed them, to offer them a ride, me too. It will take us a fair deal north, to Guaymas. It I don't. Are, it is a beautiful maybe 36 foot sail boat, all decked out in wood. I am so happy, rest, ocean, a voyage, adventure and new friends! The rest of their group is headed south on the Baja, they are going much, much slower, having left San Diego about the same time I left Vancouver, well some of them, they were not a group to start with. We will get to hang out, cook food - I am going to make cinnamon buns and enjoy. We will put into port a few nights going north on this side, then cross over, weather somewhat permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment