Thursday, March 22, 2012

Police Visit

Oday for the second time I took Beto's advice and slept in the park next to the police station in a small (ish) town. This morning, as I was dawdling and reading, I got a call from two police officers. When I opened my tent and they saw I was a white girl, they shrugged their shoulders, said "okay" and walked away. So it seems the advice was pretty food, and it certainly is a safe spot, if not too quiet or very dark. Last time it was cars, this time it was dogs causing a ruckus, but all in all, I slept well. I am on my way to La Paz tomorrow, from whence I shall take a boat to the mainland. I also discovered that they really don't sell postcards in Mexico, at least not here. In Loreto, a very touristy town, I did find some in an "art" store that were about $2 each, so no postcards will be sent. But I am thinking of almost all of you guys, I have plenty of time to let my mind wander while I am cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment